Group Hospital Cash
Where hospitalization of your employees doesn’t limit your income as a business.
There’s no guarantee that you’ll secure all your earnings, but we can protect what you could lose if an illness keeps your employees hospitalized. With a Group Hospital Cash plan, you get up to 30 days of fixed benefits whenever your employees get hospitalised at a National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) accredited hospital.
- Cover duration: One year basis.
- Premium Payment: Annually.
- Up to Kes 600,000 maximum benefit policy per year with 0-day, 1-day, and 2-day exclusions.
- Age limit: Between 18 and 65 years.
- Scheme size: A registered group with a minimum of 10 members at the start of the cover.
Hospitalisation cover starts from the day premium is paid
24Hour, worldwide cover
Cover provided to Kenyan citizens or Kenyan residents.
Registered group with a minimum of 10 members at the start of the cover.
Scope of the cover
Annual Premium Benefit Per-night Maximum benefit per policy Year 0-day Exclusion 1-day Exclusion 2-day Exclusion Kshs. Kshs. Kshs. Kshs. Kshs. 500 15,000 380 330 280 1,000 30,000 760 360 560 1,500 45,000 1,140 990 840 2,000 60,000 1,520 1,320 1,120 2,500 75,000 1,900 1,650 1,400 3,000 90,000 2,280 1,980 1,680 3,500 105,000 2,660 2,310 1,960 4,000 120,000 3,040 2,640 2,240 4,500 135,000 3,420 2,970 2,520 5,000 150,000 3,800 3,300 2,800 6,000 180,000 4,560 3,960 3,360 7,000 210,000 5,320 4,620 3,920 8,000 240,000 6,080 5,280 4,480 9,000 270,000 6,840 5,940 5,040 10,000 300,000 7,600 6,600 5,600 11,000 330,000 8,360 7,260 6,160 12,000 360,000 9,120 7,920 6,720 13,000 390,000 9,880 8,580 7,280 14,000 420,000 10,640 9,240 7,840 15,000 450,000 11,400 9,900 8,400 16,000 480,000 12,160 10,560 8,960 17,000 510,000 12,920 11,220 9,520 18,000 540,000 13,680 11,880 10,080 19,000 570,000 14,440 12,540 10,640 20,000 600,000 15,200 13,200 11,200
Maximum benefit on children, parents and parents-in-law is 50% of principle member.
- Cover will be activated after 30 days of enrolling on the scheme for hospitalisation due to illness.
- There is no waiting period for hospitalization from accidental causes
Days Exclusions Details 0 – day Exclusion The daily benefit is payable from the first day (date of admission) of being hospitalized up to a maximum of 30 days in a policy year. I – day Exclusion The daily benefit is payable after one day (24 hours) of being hospitalized up to a maximum of 30 days in a policy year. 2 – day Exclusion The per-night benefit is payable after two days (48 hours) of being admitted/hospitalized up to a maximum of 30 days in a policy year
Terms and Conditions
- Maximum benefit on children, parents and parents-in-law is 50% of principle member.
- PolicyTerm: Policy is effective for one year
- Benefit: The benefit will be payable for a maximum of 30 days (maximum benefit) in the policy year. Once the cover has been exhausted, it can only be renewed at the policy anniversary.
- Depending on the plan type, the first, or the first and second night will not qualify for the hospital cash benefit.
- Elective surgery including cosmetic surgery. Elective surgery is surgery scheduled in advance because it does not involve a medical emergency
- Hospitalization due to childbirth.
- Political unrest, war, riots, military action, terrorist activities, civil uprising or insurrection.
- Abuse of alcohol and narcotics, inhalation of gas, wilful exposure to radioactivity, self-inflicted injury, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane at the time), wilful consumption of poison or overdose of drug (whether prescribed by a medical practitioner or not).
- Participation in dangerous sports and recreation activities such as horse riding, mountaineering, hunting, motor racing, powerboat racing or fighting. Any act committed by a policyholder, which constitutes a violation of criminal law.
- 1 day and 2-day exclusions depending on plan type
To enable us to provide group cover, the following information and supporting documents are required:
- Group Profile i.e. registered name, address, business activity and other pertinent details of the proposer.
- Members to be covered and amounts of cover per member including the following details:
- Full name of the members covered.
- Member occupation and residence (town and county).
- Copy of ID (ID number) of members.
- Dates of birth for each member.
- A duly completed proposal form by the proposer.
- Newly recruited members of the group can join the scheme at any time during the policy cover. An annual premium must be paid at the outset of the cover.
In the event of a claim or the possibility of a claim, Prudential should be notified at the earliest and within a reasonable period after such event becomes known to the group.
- Proof of enrolment (provided by distribution partner).
- A letter from the proposer signed by an authorized representative(s) reporting hospitalisation or death of member.
- Duly completed claim form.
- Certified copy of identity documents (ID/Passport) of the member.
- Official hospital document (discharge summary) from an NHIF accredited hospital.
- Official hospital invoice summary.
- Any other document or reports which Prudential deem important to assess the claim.
- Bank details of the insured for claims settlement.
Claims must be reported within 90 days of the occurrence of the event. Contact our customer service team to report a claim and submit documents at the nearest Prudential branch.
Group Life is a cover usually taken out by an employer or an organization to cover the lives of its employees or its members as a group. The benefit is payable on the death from either accident or natural causes.
Group Last Expense
This solution offers some relief from the burden of funeral expenses to the family of an insured employee or member on their untimely demise.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we'll help you get the correct solution that fits your needs. Provide us with your phone number and we will call you right back.