Perfectly time your need
PRUSelect is a flexible savings product that is designed to help you achieve your long term ambitions. It combines the benefits of savings and life insurance allowing you to accumulate funds whilst protecting you and your family against the worst that life can throw at you.
- Flexible and guaranteed cash pay-outs, upto 9 pay-outs for your policy Decide how many guaranteed cash pay-outs you want..
- Lump sum amount paid at the end of the policy term ranges from Ksh.100K to Ksh. 80M.
- Minimum eligible age is 18 years and maximum is between 55 & 60 years depending on the policy. Policy must mature before the policy owner reaches the age of 75 years..
- The minimum policy period is between 10 and 12 years depending on the number of payouts and maximum is 20 years.
- Enjoy bonuses that accrue yearly throughout the lifetime of the policy..
All in One customized product
Enjoy combined benefits of life protection, health and savings
Guaranteed cash pay-outs
Guaranteed cash pay-outs will still be paid according to the cash pay-out plan.
Insurance Tax Relief
Claim your Insurance tax relief of 15% of the premium paid, up to a maximum of Kshs. 60,000 annually.
Enjoy attractive annual bonus paid out on maturity or in case of loss of life
Product BenefitsGuaranteed cash pay-outs
- Decide how many cash payouts you want to receive; between 1 and 9 pay-outs. This is guaranteed as long as the policy is active.
- In addition to the cash pay-outs, we offer attractive annual bonuses in the lifetime of the policy. These accrued bonuses accumulate every year and will be paid out on maturity provided no death benefits have been paid.
- Your family and beneficiaries will receive the full 100% benefit, a lump sum amount of money, upon your passing on caused by natural causes.
- Your family and beneficiaries will receive twice the benefit, 200% benefit, a lump sum amount of money, upon your passing on caused by an untimely accident.
- Prudential will also waive the premiums meaning that there will be no more premiums to pay.
- The guaranteed cash pay-outs will be paid to your beneficiary/ beneficiaries according to the cash pay-out plan as they fall due.
Optional Benefits (Riders)Critical Illness Benefit
- This benefit helps in taking care of your medical bills in case you are diagnosed with a critical illness before attaining the age of 65 years, the benefit is paid out immediately after the diagnosis.
- The critical illness benefit amount is 50% of the main life policy benefit amount.
- Settlement of a critical illness claim automatically terminates the benefit since it can only be claimed once during the policy term.
- The guaranteed cash pay-outs and maturity benefits will be paid as they fall due.
- Prudential will also waive any future premiums meaning that there will be no more premiums to pay.
- If you unfortunately become totally and permanently disable due to an accident or sickness, then automatically all your future premiums are waived, meaning you will not be required to pay any more premiums for your policy.
- Guaranteed cash pay-outs will still be paid according to the cash pay-out plan.
There is a waiting period of 6 months;
- When the cover is starting or when it is being reinstated.
- Death and total and permanent disability claims resulting from natural causes or a diagnosis of a critical illness before 6 months will not be paid.
- Only claims arising from accidental causes will be payable during the waiting period.
All accrued bonuses will be paid together with the pay-out at maturity.
The following is a list of exclusions, meaning, any claim that arises from the occurrences below will not be paid.
- Suicide, attempted suicide or any self-inflicted injury whether the life assured is sane or insane at the time and if it occurs within two years from the commencement of the policy.
- Any act committed by the policyholder, the life assured, or beneficiaries that constitute a violation of criminal law.
- Abuse of alcohol, wilful inhalation of gas, self-inflicted injury, wilful exposure to radioactivity, or the wilful consumption of poison or overdose of drugs (whether the drugs have been prescribed by a medical practitioner or not).
- With the exception of those deployed by the disciplined forces of the Republic of Kenya, any act of war (whether war be declared or not), military action, terrorist activities, riots, strikes, civil commotion, or insurrection in all cases as an active participant.
- Active participation in mountaineering, horse riding, hunting, motor racing, power-boat racing, or fighting (except in self-defence).
- Participation in any form of aviation other than a scheduled air service over an established passenger route.
- Any medical condition not disclosed prior to the issuance of the policy, for which treatment was received or recommended by a medical practitioner or of which the life assured was aware of prior to the date of declaration of the policy.
- Critical illness claims arising from conditions not listed in the policy.
- Death caused by natural causes and critical illness claims; occurring within six months from the date the policy starts or from the date the policy benefits are increased or from the policy reinstatement date.
If you are looking for a short-term savings plan, then PRUDahari-Dumu is your ideal solution.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we'll help you get the correct solution that fits your needs. Provide us with your phone number and we will call you right back.